How to get different columns total in one time query?

From: RK <rekaben_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 8 Jun 2005 08:38:40 -0700

Hi, can someone help me, please?

I have a big table with two different fields f1 and f2, there are many many different combinations of these two fields values.

Now I need to do this:

select f1, count(*) from table group by f1; select f2, count(*) from table group by f2;

Each count may take long time. Can I run one query on the two fields, and still get separate total counts of the different field-values, with SQL*Plus only?

Thanks. Received on Wed Jun 08 2005 - 10:38:40 CDT