Re: Object Libraries in Oracle Forms

From: Gunter Herrmann <notformail0405_at_comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 11:54:59 -0400

Hi!

Uma wrote:

> Thanks for ur response. I tested the olb file. But the forms need to
> be recompiled if we change in the olb file.

As I said. Maybe Frank confused olb changes with pll changes.

> That means, there doesn't
> seem to be much difference between a template and an olb file!

The main difference is that a change in an olb works without further code changes. If you change a template you have to make the same changes in all forms created from the template. Think of an olb as something like an include file in C.

brgds

--
Gunter Herrmann
Naples, Florida, USA