Re: 'Alter index rename subpartition' on table with not commited data (from other session)

From: Wojciech Kłapyta <wojciech.klapyta_at_interia.pl>
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 14:19:55 +0200

sybrandb_at_yahoo.com wrote:
> 1) Likely not. But that is not your problem. Your problem is you have a
> parse lock on the affected object.
> 2) Yes. Kick out the other users.
> --
> Sybrand Bakker
> Senior Oracle DBA

Thanks for you input but:
1) So the whole index is recalculated during this operation on just one index subpartition?
2) I can't kick out other users (I just can't)

To make myself clear I'm seeking any workarond which will not result in loss of uncommitted data (kicking out other users will cause loss of the data).

I'm rather looking for some options or parameter which allow to change index subpartition name without recalculating the whole index.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Wojtek Received on Mon Jun 06 2005 - 07:19:55 CDT