Oracle Warhouse Builder reading Navision

From: hipo <fjrdrc_at_gmail.com>
Date: 30 May 2005 09:03:14 -0700

Hello:

I'm trying to read Navision 2.60 data into ORACLE Warehouse Builder 10g
(OWB). The system was quite difficult to set up because the ORACLE
database is in a Linux machine and Navision 2.60 only has Windows ODBC drivers. But we managed to make all the connection thru an OpenLink ODBC-ODBC bridge (thanks to the OpenLink support!). We test the connections in OWB, with an Oracle Link, and it works... I can read the metadata from Navision so I see the tables and its columns.

Now, I want to make the real thing, move data, so I made the suitable mapping in OWB but when I went to deploy it I found some errors. Why? Because in deployment phase the connection needs a Database name... I mean, the name that you have to put to the LOCATION that has to be the same as the database source of data. And.... which is this name in Navision? I tried with different options (Navision DSN of the ODBC Driver which I thought was the correct one, name of the database file
(weird!), and several more, but none of them worked.

Navision is an ERP with a own database not a database like Oracle.

So the question is: does anybody know what name do I have to name the LOCATION so the deployment goes fine?

(I make suitable connections between Oracle and SQL Server. In that
case, I name the LOCATION the same as the "database" in SQL Server and that worked fine. Now, the problem is that I don't have that "concept" of "database" here in Navision)

Thank you very much,
Hipo Received on Mon May 30 2005 - 11:03:14 CDT