[Newbie] Oracle

From: DJP <domnicjp_at_gmail.com>
Date: 26 May 2005 14:25:43 -0700

Hi,

I had a n00b question about Oracle. When people say that they are learning (or know) Oracle 8i or 9i or whatever, what exactly do they mean? From what I can gather isn't Oracle just a DB server? So isn't knowing SQL, sufficient? I guess you might have to pick-up some Oracle specific SQL statements and stuff, but besides that isn't it sufficient to know SQL to be able to use Oracle?

Hope to hear from someone on this. Thanks. Received on Thu May 26 2005 - 16:25:43 CDT