Issue with creating tables

From: <laszlo_spamhole_at_freemail.hu>
Date: 24 May 2005 05:04:33 -0700

Hi. I'm relatively new to plSQL, and I have a bit of a problem. I'd like to make a package with one procedure creating some tables, and another procedure SELECTing from them.

Is this even possible? My problem is that (as far as I know), plSQL only allows creating tables through EXECUTE IMMEDIATE. And if the table creator procedure uses EXECUTE IMMEDIATE to create the tables, the other procedures can't see that the tables exist, and the whole thing refuses to compile, giving a "Table or view does not exist" error.

Any help with this one?

Thanks,

Laszlo Received on Tue May 24 2005 - 07:04:33 CDT