Re: Generating Huge Table

From: as <none_at_asgmeail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 08:24:27 +0800

"Frank van Bortel" <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com> ??? news:d6spvg$ar3$1_at_news6.zwoll1.ov.home.nl ???...
> Sounds like an *excellent* case for the merge
> statement.
> And Thomas Kyte has some benchmarks on insert... exception
> vs merge (also on insert/update vs update/insert).
>
> I would call this a prime example of something you
> do *not* want to do in Java.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Frank van Bortel

Another concern is MERGE expects a *TABLE* of rows to be merged into the target table. But the point is my java program generates 1 *ROW* at a time. How should I utilitised the MERGE statement? Is it by creating a temporary table an do a MERGE for, say, every 10 rows generated? Received on Mon May 23 2005 - 19:24:27 CDT