Re: Generating Huge Table

From: as <none_at_asgmeail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 06:56:08 +0800

> I would call this a prime example of something you
> do *not* want to do in Java.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Frank van Bortel

Hi Frank,

Actually, I am considering using Java. My approach is rather primitive (and welcome suggestion to improve it):
1) read the whole input table into memory (e.g. stored in a Hashmap) 2) generate an in-memory image of the target table and insert the rows when the in-memory image is ready.

So what is the reason for Java not being the good choice? Is it related to performance? Received on Mon May 23 2005 - 17:56:08 CDT