Can RedHat ASE 2.1 primary Oracle DB have SUSE physical standby?

From: Dave <polgur_at_gmail.com>
Date: 23 May 2005 11:29:16 -0700

We are trying to migrate or DB from RH 2.1 to SUSE 9, need to do it with no downtime (we have a standby).

Can we re-create standby on SUSE platform and switch to it (e.g. will the redo logs generated by RedHat ASE 2.1 2.4.9-e.27enterprise be compatible with SUSE 9 kernel 2.6.5?)

I know the primary db and standby must be the same OS, the question if those two linux distributions are compatible enough?

Thank you!

Dave Received on Mon May 23 2005 - 13:29:16 CDT