Re: 3 dimensional Oracle database

From: John F. Regus <jfregus_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 21:28:19 GMT

Not all data has to be historical, it can be as real-time as real-time can possibly get.

But forget that. I laid out what I think are 3 dimensions, and you said not so.

Okay how do I stack the cells from different sources all pertaining to the same subject but in different formats, ie. .doc or .txt, audio, and .bmp or .wmf? All of which were captured at the same time but by different departments.

I know you will probably say well create three columns across a row to contain the data from the different sources. But what do I do about keeping the historical data along with the present data, because the present data will not be replaced when newer information comes along. Why? The historical data and most recent data will be used for statistical probability patterns.

But if you say I don't get it, after the above explanation I would like to know what it should look like.