Minimising deep indentation

From: <dn.perl_at_gmail.com>
Date: 20 May 2005 15:15:51 -0700

I have taken over some PL/SQL code which is deeply indented. Some lines have 10-12 tabs before code appears on them. I want to minimise this. I don't even mind introducing an "indent_help_exception" for this purpsoe.

If my entire code is trapped within if not(date_cycle is null), then I want to trap if(date_cycle is null) case first.

current code :
if (condition1) then

    register a small 'error' message ;
else

    a block of 300 lines; -- which later has deep indents needing     10-12 tabs
end if ;

Desired format :
if (condition1) then

    do something to quit/jump/goto/return     maybe raise indent_related_exception and quit end if ;
a block of 300 lines; -- here one tab for indentation is saved

    compared to above code...

Please advise. TIA. Received on Fri May 20 2005 - 17:15:51 CDT