CHALLENGING:: Dynamic OR Session specific Views. Possible?

From: <vistav20_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 19 May 2005 13:36:00 -0700

Hi,

Is it possible to create a view or a version of data accessible through same object name (table or view), which returns different values for different sessions?

Here is what I am trying to do:

I need to create a view with a different underlying query each time it is accessed. But I still need it to behave like a static object so I could use it to link with an external tool (so, it's name and structure etc will not change, just the underlying query and it's where clause willl change). To make matters more complex, the query would be different for different people logged in, hence the SESSION SPECIFIC contstraint.

Any ideas?

thanks much,
Mark Received on Thu May 19 2005 - 15:36:00 CDT