Inserting into CLOB datatype field in oracle 9i using easysoft-odbc driver

From: <csvadivel_at_gmail.com>
Date: 19 May 2005 02:51:29 -0700

Hi,

Currently we have a database table field of type varchar2. This has a limitation of 4000 characters. We need to store morethan 8000 characters. So, to overcome the size limitation we are now modifying the datatype to CLOB (CLOB stores upto 4GB data). We are using an Easysoft-Oracle ODBC driver. We searched in the include directories of the easysoft odbc driver and there we could not find any datatype declared for CLOB (i.e. in files sqlext.h, sqltypes.h). Does Easysoft-Oracle ODBC driver supports CLOB datatype? if Yes, then could you please tell us the datatype details, API's and sample c++ code to handle CLOB data.

Our Environment:

ORACLE 9i
EasySoft ODBC driver for Oracle
C++ application accessing Oracle database using Easysoft.

TIA,
vikram/vadivel Received on Thu May 19 2005 - 04:51:29 CDT