Re: Oracle 10g R2 Discoverer with SSO

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 09:58:22 +0200

oradba wrote:
> Hi Frank,
>
> Thanks for your feedback.
>
> In reagards to latest patches for base release of Oracle 10g R2
> Application Server 10.1.2.0, there are only two patches avaialble which
> are related to issues with webcache. So i am not sure what you meant by
> "make sure you have all patches - 10.1.2 is not the latest; sorry about
> that."
>
> Also, you mentioned that there are some issues with discoverer and sso
> in the current release and will be fixed in next version, do you mean
> is this a common knowledge or you know for fact?
>
> Regards,
> Dipak

Sorry - had versions mixed up: 10AS 10.1.2.0 is the latest.

About sso/Discoverer, yes, I am involved in a project where we're attempting this, and it simply doesn't work. A colleague of mine confirmed this yesterday (I am not actually configuring this part of AS), and it's his "let's wait for the 10AS of this summer".

Now, is that common knowledge, of a fact? Neither - it's hearsay, I'd say. But you should be able to get some confirmation from Oracle support (metalink, bug #'s)

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel