Re: Table Design In General

From: Chris <ctaliercio_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 18 May 2005 14:28:31 -0700

Frank,

While I can definitely appreciate the humor in your post, perhaps you are not familiar with the recording industry ...

Let me most assuredly inform you that in this industry part numbers can (and do) change all the time. For example:

Record label A manufactures and distributes Album X from artist Y - part number is 123 and UPC is 789.

Record label B acquires/buys/whatever record company A. Album X by artist Y is now part number 456 from company B with the same 789 UPC code (unitl they run out of inventory, at which time the UPC will change to reflect the new vendor if they reprint the title).

Again - this is just one tiny illustration of an EXTREMELY common event.

I may not be a DBA, but I certainly know my business.

Thanks,
Chris Received on Wed May 18 2005 - 16:28:31 CDT