Re: Windows Explorer search file contents not working on .sql files.

From: <dba_222_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 18 May 2005 11:04:16 -0700

Thanks a lot. This is what I did, just in case anyone else gets the same issue.

Noted at the registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\ContentIndex\DllsToRegister

that there were a number of dlls to register. Registered them. Although they remained in the same key.

Change the registry in:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.sql

Add key:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.sql\PersistentHandler

Set this value to:

{5e941d80-bf96-11cd-b579-08002b30bfeb}

Change the app to wordpad.

Reboot to be sure.