Re: SQL help

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 21:21:25 -0700

ndpace wrote:
> none of these examples worked. I get an error that says:
> PLS-00642: local collection types not allowed in SQL statements
>
> As a reminder, I am on version 8i. I noticed the page with the
> examples says Version 10.1-not sure if that is the example version or
> the Oracle version
>
> any other help?
> thanks in advance

Simply put, you can not use a PL/SQL type in a SQL statement. This has nothing to do with the version.

But in general doing anything in 8i, unless it is your production environment is a waste of time and doing anything in 8i while looking at 10g instructions a near guarantee of grave disappointment. In the future, posting the actual DML may help clarify what you are doing. In this case it wasn't necessary.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org