Re: light weight gui client

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 00:15:17 +0200

On Tue, 17 May 2005 12:51:18 GMT, John K <jtkells_at_verizon.net> wrote:

> They have some old VB written apps that they want to run.
>Isn't sqlplusw.exe only available in the full client version and not in
>the instant client?

You never mentioned a version, did you? Most people here assume everyone uses *their* version, and think we are mind readers. We aren't. We can't look over your shoulder, we can't read your mind, and our crystal balls have worn out long ago. So I assumed 9i, as that is the current version. Sqlplusw is still available in 9i, but it has been desupported by Oracle, and it will be phased out. Whether it is only available in the full client, or also in the instant client, I really don't know. However, knowing Oracle, it might disappear with any future 10G release, so I would avoid using it.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA