Re: Oracle Transaction Boundary ..

From: Raghavendra S. Kothamangala <raghavendra.kothamangala_at_gmail.com>
Date: 14 May 2005 10:02:37 -0700

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies.

Here is more information about the requirement.

I have a lot of J2EE applications modifying the oracle database. The data which is updated in the oracle database has to be replicated in another database (non-oracle).

Before doing the update, I have to transform the data, and make sure I maintain the transaction integrity.
Constraints:
1. I cannot change the existing J2EE applications. 2. Need to rollback change, if one table does not go through. Transaction Integrity.

I have ruled out CDC (Change Data Capture in 10G) as we need to use Views for achieving the same.

I am exploring using the dbms_transactions package. We might have to have triggers on all tables in the database which can get modified by J2EE apps.

When there is modification to the database, we will need to write the data into a separate table common for all the tables in the database, and then take the data from there.

Thanks again
-Raghu