Re: Creating materialized view on remote database

From: HJ <ponsonby_88_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 13 May 2005 07:31:05 -0700

DA Morgan wrote:
> And the error message is a secret. Why?
> And the racle version number is a secret. Why?
> --

Oh, it's not a secret.

Oracle version is 8.1.7.4.0

And the specific error I'm getting is:
create materialized view EMP_MAT_VW_at_REMOTE DB

                                   *

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00949: illegal reference to remote database

ORA-00949 illegal reference to remote database

    Cause: This is an internal error message not usually issued.     Action: Contact Oracle Customer Support.

Hm, maybe I should contact Oracle Support...

Any help anyone can offer would be much appreciated! -- HJ Received on Fri May 13 2005 - 09:31:05 CDT