logging information from a stored procedure calls

From: booksnore <steveattwell_at_netscape.net>
Date: 12 May 2005 06:29:34 -0700

Hi,
I'm involved in performance analysis for an application that calls a stored procedure that contains if logic. I need to log how many times logic conditions within the procedure are met so I need to write information to a log. So it would be something like this...

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE test1 (

           myValue in char)
is
begin

  if myValue is null then

  end if;

END test1;
/

What's the easiest way to implement this in PL/SQL? I have no access to any monitoring tools. The procedure is called from a web application, my only means of logging would be to a file. Any help appreciated. Received on Thu May 12 2005 - 08:29:34 CDT