Re: speed up select distinct

From: Tomislav Kokoska <tkokoska_at_varteks.com>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 09:08:11 +0200

table TABLE has about 5 000 0000 rows, (4438252 rows) and non unique index on column1, column2, column3 with cardinality 254241..

column5 has cardinality about 20 so it is expect that bitmap index will surely increase perfomance (where clause). What about distinct? how we could achive
better performance. creating another index on selected distinct column... ??

oracle 9.2.0.5.0