Re: Does Oracle Support MD5()

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 19:36:48 +0200

On Wed, 11 May 2005 01:18:51 +0800, "ashley" <none_at_gmeail.com> wrote:

>A username/password table. Both we dont want to keep password in plaintext.
>So it is better to keep the hashed (MD5) image. If you have used Tomcat web
>server, the JDBCRealm requires such a table with password MD5'ed.
>
>So, back to my question. Is it available? Thx

In this forum top posting is frowned upon and not considered Netiquette. Please refrain from topposting and including the entire message. You're wasting bandwith.

As to your question, there is a dbms_obfuscation package in Oracle which allows you to encrypt any string.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA