Re: DB connectivity

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 04:23:25 GMT

On Sat, 07 May 2005 23:22:44 -0700, madunix interested us by writing:

> Please can you specify the best approach for connecting to the Oracle
> Database?
> IE: using PHP, ASP.NET, JSP/Java, CF...etc.

Absolutely 100%, no doubt about it, the BEST approach is to use Oracle Forms. (see caveat)

Unless it isn't in your situation.

IOW - basic analysis is needed. (There ain't such a beast as a universal 'best'. It all depends.)

(caveat: if you have the appropriate skills, hardware and software, are working in the appropriate environment, etc. AND it solves your business needs.)

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com