Re: Returning Ref cursor between two oracle database

From: IANAL_VISTA <IANAL_Vista_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 01:56:34 GMT

"basant" <basantshanker_at_hotmail.com> wrote in news:1115602120.653094.128220_at_o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

> REF CURSOR question.
>
> I have a package in X database with name PKG1 ... I have a Procedure
> which returns a REF CURSOR. Now I have to use
> this parameter as a input parameter in other procedure which is not a
> part of this package / database. i.e.
>
> The procedure where I need to use this REF CURSOR belongs to a
> different database lets say 'Y' .... is it possible ? if yes can you
> please give a piece of code,
> if not can you please give me some solution for this ?
>
> I am using Oracle 9i.
>
> Tried with creating private synonym but it did't work?

Why not actually post your code & the actual error response? "didn't work" can result from many different problems.

It is NOT clear to me exactly what you are asking. It appears that when you say "database" you mean in the MS SQL Server context.

If in fact you separate & distinct database in the Oracle definition of DATABASE, then you can't get there from here.

From the fine manual
http://download-
west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96524/c16sqlpl.htm#564

Cursors

A cursor is a handle or name for a private SQL area--an area in memory in which a parsed statement and other information for processing the statement are kept.

A good source with many, many fine coding examples is http://asktom.oracle.com Received on Sun May 08 2005 - 20:56:34 CDT