Re: DB connectivity

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sun, 08 May 2005 07:14:22 -0700

madunix wrote:
> Please can you specify the best approach for connecting to the Oracle
> Database?
> IE: using PHP, ASP.NET, JSP/Java, CF...etc.

There is no such thing as best.

Best is defined as best in a specific situation, on specific hardware, with specific operating systems, with specific requirements for security, scalability, performance, maintainability, cost, etc.

Personally I'd suggest you use HTML_DB. Why? Because given no information it is as good, or better, than all of the other choices mentioned.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington