Can one create a type (domain) and see it in the OEM type dropdown lists?

From: deanbrown3d <deanbrown3d_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 6 May 2005 14:06:58 -0700

Hi there,

We want to create a field F of type varchar(6) for use in one client's version of our software, and then the same field F of type varchar(12) for use in another. What's the best way to go about doing this. Neither company want to use the alternate size field definition.

Is there a way to define a type (MyVar say) as something that we can change, and then see it in the type field for use in tables? And if so, once this is done, can we change it at will, assuming there is no data loss or such issues?

Thanks for any advice,

Dean Received on Fri May 06 2005 - 16:06:58 CDT