Drop user causes session to freeze with no error message returned?

From: <steven.fox_at_dfas.mil>
Date: 6 May 2005 05:57:16 -0700

We are operating databases in 9i and 10g... The command "drop user user" is not returning anything (the session freezes and when you kill it, it does not go away unless you kill -9. This is happening even if you are logged in as a DBA or for that matters sysop...
It is happening to both our 9i and 10g databases. One is test and the other is production...
Steven.fox_at_dfas.mil Received on Fri May 06 2005 - 07:57:16 CDT