Pro*COBOL Question

From: <ctaliercio_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 5 May 2005 12:43:05 -0700

I am working with Micro Focus Server Express 4.0 SP1, and the Oracle Pro*COBOL precompiler on a 9i database.

The application I work with is inherited, and for some reason will only compile using the 1.8.77.0.0 version of Pro*COBOL. I get all sorts of unusual errors when using version 9.2.0.1.0.

This has not been a problem, since Oracle had been supplying both versions of Pro*COBOL ... until we installed 10g in preparation for upgrading. 10g only installs with Pro*COBOL version 10.1.0.2.0.

Does anyone know why Oracle stopped distributing the 1.8x version to support backward compatibility? Or better yet, is there a way to make the newer version behave like the older one?

Any help is definitely appreciated.

Chris Received on Thu May 05 2005 - 14:43:05 CDT