Re: Modification in code for RAC

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 08:11:44 -0700

naveedaman_at_hotmail.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am usnig ODP.Net and working on migrating my application to RAC
> environment. I am not sure what changes i need to make in my code to
> use RAC failover featuers. I have checked ODP.NET documentation but
> could not find a way to specify the failover (i.e. backup) server. If
> there is indeed a way to specify the failover server then does that
> mean that on failure, connection with backup server will be
> automatically established ? If not, then i guess i will have to specify
> the backup server configuration in a config file and then connect to
> backup server when i receive Failover event. I could not find any
> relevant document. It would be a great help if somebody could point me
> in a right direction.
>
> thanks

RAC failover has nothing to do with your application and your concern about specifying a failover server clearly indicates that you don't understand the most basic RAC concepts.

I would suggest you go to tahiti.oracle.com and/or otn.oracle.com and read up on RAC.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington