Modification in code for RAC

From: <naveedaman_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 5 May 2005 07:44:16 -0700

Hi,

I am usnig ODP.Net and working on migrating my application to RAC environment. I am not sure what changes i need to make in my code to use RAC failover featuers. I have checked ODP.NET documentation but could not find a way to specify the failover (i.e. backup) server. If there is indeed a way to specify the failover server then does that mean that on failure, connection with backup server will be automatically established ? If not, then i guess i will have to specify the backup server configuration in a config file and then connect to backup server when i receive Failover event. I could not find any relevant document. It would be a great help if somebody could point me in a right direction.

thanks Received on Thu May 05 2005 - 09:44:16 CDT