Re: Space in database table's fields

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 08:05:59 -0700

sunny076_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am wondering how Oracle deals with space in field(attribute) name? I
> am figuring out the syntax to for example use in SELECT Test Table FROM
> Test2, for example.
>
> I know in SQL we can put [] around the name of the field. Can anyone
> enlighten me?
>
> Sunny

Please do yourself a favor and purchase a copy of Tom Kyte's "Expert one-on-one Oracle." Read it cover to cover paying special attention to the first three chapters.

You must not confuse a Microsoft product with SQL and you must not confuse anything done in a Microsoft proprietary manner with either ANSI SQL or with how similar functionality may be implemented in any other RDBMS: Including Oracle.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington