Packing or freeing datafiles?

From: <grz01_at_spray.se>
Date: 4 May 2005 07:08:26 -0700

We have a tablespace that is now much bigger than needed to hold the data in it, and I would like to shrink it. However, all datafiles have some extents allocated near the end of the file,
so cannot just downsize them.
Is it possible to first move all allocated extents away from one datafile to another,
or to "pack" a datafile, i.e. move all extents to the beginning of the file.
I only have access thru TOAD, no OEM, so would need the SQL-commands (Oracle 9i).
Any help appreciated. Received on Wed May 04 2005 - 09:08:26 CDT