Oracle Transaction Boundary ..

From: Raghavendra S. Kothamangala <raghavendra.kothamangala_at_gmail.com>
Date: 4 May 2005 01:41:47 -0700

Hi,

I have a requirement to do custom processing for any new transaction, which happens in a Oracle database.

When there is a new transaction in the oracle database, how can I know the following information.

  1. The tables involved (which were updated) in the transaction.
  2. The sequence of the updates.
  3. The source (user) which updated the transaction.
  4. The start and commit time.

I have to do processing on this data immediately, and update another database.

What is the simplest way to achieve this?

Suggestions and Pointers are appreciated.

Thanks in Advance
-Raghu Received on Wed May 04 2005 - 03:41:47 CDT