Re: Passing SQL*Plus bind variables to host command

From: <sameergn_at_gmail.com>
Date: 3 May 2005 12:10:55 -0700

Thanks a lot to all those responded. It worked via define variable mechanism.
However, I had to omit the double quotes around the command as in host "mkdir &dirname."
With double quotes the shell was not able to find the mkdir, even after specifying absolute path. Strange, but it worked w/o the quotes.

The actual requirement here was to get the directory name from DB, create it and then continue further processing in SQL. I did not want to quit SQL*Plus, create the directory and restart SQL*Plus.

Thanks again, Received on Tue May 03 2005 - 14:10:55 CDT