Re: Business justification for Oracle db server?

From: Malcolm Dew-Jones <yf110_at_vtn1.victoria.tc.ca>
Date: 28 Apr 2005 23:37:52 -0800

database_prof (database_prof_at_yahoo.com) wrote:
: Hello! I need to write business justification for Oracle db server
: being installed in our company. We have issue with many small Access,
: Excell spreadsheet data storages, and need to have reliable and up to
: date database of inventory. We also hope to have web front end access
: for users to view and modify that data.
: I vote for Oracle, but will need to write down business justification
: for it before proceeding with using server and installing Oracle.

: Can somebody throw good ideas on how and what to put in business
: justification for this case, maybe example of already written
: justification?

Excel in particular is a very useful tool for non-technies.

Oracle doesn't magically make things better. In particular it doesn't magically provide you with an up to date inventory, or automatically back itself up, or generate web sites out of thin air.

Perhaps you need to invest in a prepackaged inventory system.

$0.04

--

This space not for rent.