Re: How critical is RAC experience

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 28 Apr 2005 14:11:25 -0700

> I hate to throw gasoline on the file you've got burning but this just

> isn't true.
>First off you only have one (1) database no matter how many nodes.

Who said differently?

What I perhaps could have said different is if you have more than 1 rac database then you manage them database by database.

> Second there are a substantial number of moving parts like the CRS
> that require substantially more knowledge than just ... the
impression
> you give which is log into SQL*Plus are type STARTUP/SHUTDOWN.

Is CRS required to run RAC. Obviously not ... we don't use it here.

Impression you are giving is that you are a troll.

srvctl works fine in 9i ... you may not be aware of that utility though .. what's adoption rate for 10g? very low ...

> Your post makes me wonder whether you would really start a 24 node
> cluster one node at at time: I'd hope not

How many people are running 24 node clusters?

Most are 2 and 4 nodes one. Received on Thu Apr 28 2005 - 16:11:25 CDT