Re: How critical is RAC experience

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 12:52:39 -0700

hpuxrac wrote:

> RAC is just oracle on multiple different nodes simultaneously. You
> just administer 1 database at a time, like always.

I hate to throw gasoline on the file you've got burning but this just isn't true.

First off you only have one (1) database no matter how many nodes.

Second there are a substantial number of moving parts like the CRS that require substantially more knowledge than just ... the impression you give which is log into SQL*Plus are type STARTUP/SHUTDOWN.

Your post makes me wonder whether you would really start a 24 node cluster one node at at time: I'd hope not.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington