Linking Two SQL Servers

From: <m.ramana_at_gmail.com>
Date: 28 Apr 2005 11:46:32 -0700

Two SQL Servers
1) "Test"
Payroll DB
Transaction Table
pr_SubmitTransaction in Payroll DB

2) "Production"
Payroll DB
Transaction Table
Pr_SubmitTransaction in Payroll DB
Accounts DB
Pr_VerifyAccounts (@AcctNumber)

I want to use same pr_VeriftAccounts in both test and production Pr_SubmitTransaction stored procedure.
The pr_SubmitTransaction in production works fine when I say Exec Payroll.dbo.pr_VerifyAccounts as it is on same server. (WORKS FINE)
Exec [PRODUCTION].Payroll.dbo.pr_VerifyAccounts (DOES NOT WORK)

Should I use sp_addlinkedServer ?? to do this ?. Please provide me some feedback.
I know I can acheive this by front end, but I was do it in one stored procedure. Received on Thu Apr 28 2005 - 13:46:32 CDT