PLSQL vs SQL Parser

From: <amerar_at_iwc.net>
Date: 28 Apr 2005 09:17:57 -0700

Hi All,

I have heard that in Oracle 8 the PLSQL parser and the SQL parser are different sets of code within the database.

Basically, I wrote a function with some SQL in it. When I run the function, I get one value, and when I run just the SELECT statement I get a different value.

But, if I change the SQL into a view and use the view inside the function, everything works fine.

So, my question is, is there any validity to the PLSQL and SQL parser being different in Oracle 8??

Thanks,

Arthur Received on Thu Apr 28 2005 - 11:17:57 CDT