Re: Strange open cursors for "select null from dual" on Oracle 9i and 10g

From: Michael Pfeifer <muchinger_at_web.de>
Date: 26 Apr 2005 06:35:59 -0700

yong321_at_yahoo.com wrote in message news:<1112974769.624620.235900_at_o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>...
> They may not be exactly the same even though they should. Can you
> follow up with Metalink thread 170710.999? I wish we could contact the
> guy that said "that is exactly what we were looking for".
>
> Yong Huang

I followed the thread and found nothing that would make me think that the two are not just different paths to the same goal. As far as I understood the guy just wanted the connection string option that is equivalent to the "Enable Closing Cursor" checkbox offered for a ODBC data source. And he got it (CSR=T). Therefore he says "that is exactly what we were looking for". Received on Tue Apr 26 2005 - 08:35:59 CDT