Re: view problems with imbedded procedure.....

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 23:51:17 +0200

On 21 Apr 2005 11:28:54 -0700, steven.fox_at_dfas.mil wrote:

>I had a blond moment here.... the procedure is a package....
>one more time....
>Sorry
>Lets clearify.... the view is in one schema while the package it
>references is in another. the view schema has execute on the
>package, but when we try to grant select to the schema which owns the
>package we get an error that the package needs a execute granted
>with grant option which is frond on here...so the question is does the
>rights to execute a package follow when it is called by a view???

I give up too. You speak in riddles, and it still didn't occur to you that posting the actual view definition (and a version of course) might provide more specific answers.
Apart from that :
The only stored program that can be used in a view is a *function*, as it *returns* a result to the caller. Whether the function is located in a package or not is irrelevant. Procedures won't work, whether they are located in a package or not is irrelevant. 'We get an error' is unclear, even after an exchange of almost a day, you still don't understand you need to post the error. Remember this is a volunteer group and you are wasting two Dutch mens time.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA