Re: view problems with imbedded procedure.....

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 19:09:51 +0200

On 20 Apr 2005 05:49:33 -0700, steven.fox_at_dfas.mil wrote:

>We have a view with a proc imbedded within. The view's is in one schema
>and the proc is in another. the schema where the proc is has execute on
>the proc. A schema that is not the view or the proc but has select on
>the view is able to do so. When we try to grant select on the view to
>the schema that owns the proc we get an error that the proc does not
>have a grant option (which is not allow at our site).any ideas....

Sure: as a procedure doesn't return anything, you can't use a procedure in a view.
Please try to explain your problem such that no crystall ball is needed. Various of your assertions don't make sense at all, such as 'the schema where the proc is has execute on the proc' . Of course, as the schema is the owner, so this is a non-sequitur, as the rest of your story.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA