Unable to compile OCI Examples

From: Bob <trentrockport_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 20 Apr 2005 07:05:39 -0700

I am unable to compile Oracle's OCI example programs, cdemo81.c for starters. My environment is:

"current version" = downloaded from respective sites within the past week.

Cygwin (current version) on Windows XP Professional SP-2 Oracle 10g Client (current version)
ORACLE_HOME set correctly
gcc (current version) compiler installed and able to compile/link successfully in other situations.

I receive the message:

demo_rdbms.mk:74: /cygdrive/c/oracle/ora10g/rdbms/lib/env_rdbms.mk: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target
`/cygdrive/c/oracle/ora10g/rdbms/lib/env_rdbms.mk'. Stop.

Sure enough, under ($ORACLE_HOME)/rdbms there is no env_rdbms.mk file, nor a lib folder for that matter. I'm assuming that I'm missing an Oracle component, however I went back and installed *everything* from the Oracle 10g client setup. Is there something else I need to install? If so, where can I find it?

TIA,
Bob Kaufman Received on Wed Apr 20 2005 - 09:05:39 CDT