Using bind variables

From: Randy Harris <randy_at_SpamFree.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 19:46:07 GMT

The first chapter of "Expert One-On-One Oracle" makes it abundantly clear why bind variables should be used, rather than string literals, in queries. I haven't yet figured out how to use them in a view and would appreciate a pointer in the right direction.

create or replace view myview as
select col1, col2, col3
from t
where
t.col3 in ('A', 'B', 'C')

How should I change that to use a bind variable?

I'm using 8.1.7.4

--
Randy Harris
(tech at promail dot com)