Re: Can you query Oracle to ask how busy the server is?

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 18:57:44 +0100

"deanbrown3d" <deanbrown3d_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1113594553.182327.224830_at_g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Its not for end users, just for the development team, that's all.
>
> We have 9 and 10g running as servers, on single machines.

I'm going to make a wild assumption.

You have competent developers.

NB You don't have to show your developers this post if you don't want.

If you have competent developers, then, they will be able to consistently and reliably call PL/SQL packages from their code. As it turns out Oracle comes with a presupplied package DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO that is specifically designed to enable developers to instrument their own code. No querying necessary. In 10g you can implement tracking their code quickly and easily, in 9i they probably have to do it and it costs more.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA