How big are Oracle databases?

From: Jim Smith <jim_at_jimsmith.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 12:03:15 +0100

Much is made of Oracle's ability to cope with very large databases and there are obviously increasing numbers of 100s GB and TB databases out there. But how big is the typical Oracle database now.?

My experience is mainly in (wholesale) financial services where databases tend not to be very large ( 100s-1000s of customers, 10Ks-100Ks of trades). Elsewhere single function databases (personnel, procurement etc.) for even fairly large companies obviously needn't be very large.

--
Jim Smith
Because of their persistent net abuse, I ignore mail from