Re: RMAN - Filesperset

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 23:27:30 +0200

On 14 Apr 2005 14:02:55 -0700, amerar_at_iwc.net wrote:

>If I have 15 database files to back up, and in total it is over 100GB,
>and only 1 channel, then how many files will Oracle create in the set?
>Just 1?

No. It will create as much files as it can until it reaches a default setsize.
Also please note, all the files included in a set *will be read in parallel by separate Oracle processes*. If those files are located on one single drive, you will experience a slowdown, instead of a speeding up. Generally speaking filesperset > #processors in your system is a bad idea.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA