Re: Using OCI to iterate through a cursor variable?

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 14 Apr 2005 11:26:01 -0700

laredotorn..._at_zipmail.com wrote:
> Hello, I'm writing a C module for Apache 1.3.27 using Oracle 8.1.7.
> was hoping someone could provide me with a code example of how you
> would invoke a SELECT statement that could potentially return
> multiple rows, and then iterate through the results returned. I know
> the answer involves calls to such creeepy functions as "obndra",
> "oexec", and possibly even "oparse".
>
> Thanks for the advice, - Dave

There are plenty of examples given in ORACLE_HOME\oci\samples directory. You could also goto http://tahiti.oracle.com and search for OCI programmers guide.

BTW... obndra, oexec (not sure what's so "creeepy" about them) etc are functions from OCI release 7 and are only there in OCI 8.1 because of backward compatability. New functions e.g. OCIBindByName/Pos, OCIStmtExecute etc are available since OCI release 8.0. You may want to start using the new functions.

Regards
/Rauf Received on Thu Apr 14 2005 - 13:26:01 CDT