Re: Materialized view replication problem

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 23:02:55 +1000

Bing Wu apparently said,on my timestamp of 14/04/2005 10:33 PM:

> ORA-12012: error on auto execute of job 46
> ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied
> ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_SNAPSHOT", line 1883
> ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_SNAPSHOT", line 2089
> ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_IREFRESH", line 683
> ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_REFRESH", line 195
>
> I use repadmin as the replication user and tested working under sqlplus.
> Does the above job use different user instead? I would guess it was
> 'sys'. Any idea to change / fix this?

This is a very common problem with replication. It has to do with how the replication administrator was created and "granted" to the replication processes/packages. There is an article in Metalink on how to setup the users to manage replication. Once I did what's in there, it all started working. If you can't find it, give me a ping tomorrow and I'll send you the article number. The biggest problem in this case is to get the dblinks right.

You might want to call the admin user REPADMIN in the master node and MVADMIN in the MVIEW site. It helps to keep them separate unless you want to also replicate somewhere else from the MVIEW node.

The whole thing could have been better documented and managed by Oracle, IMHO... Since it's been internalized, it's like pushing water upstream without a paddle to get the darn thing working. And no: OEM does NOT help at all. If anything it makes things even more confusing!

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto